An AcuRite Color Weather Station Is Reviewed
Here's a Look at What You May Be Missing
In looking at top sellers for weather stations on Amazon, I see that the AcuRite 01024M Pro Weather Station is reviewed by customers very highly.
This is reflected in how many sales of this Acurite color weather station there are. It has a great sales history, and as I researched it I can see why it is well received.
What I See In the AcuRite 01024M Pro Weather Station
This digital color weather station had many strengths which I am going to share with you.
- Automatic self-emptying rain gauge
- Barometric pressure with future forecast
- Lightning strike counter displays running total of strikes detected and provides an estimated Distance to the lightning-producing Storm (up to 25 Miles, 40 kilometers)
- Wind speed and wind direction
What is the Likely Price Range
Today’s price is $169.99, if you buy from Amazon. Two days ago the price was 192.99. If you don’t buy it from Amazon I can find it today at a variety of other prices.
Other prices today from two other places online are anywhere from $179.95 to $199.95. So you see it fluctuates.
When I put the phrase AcuRite 01024M Pro Weather Station into Google and check out shopping I can see a variety of prices available to me for today.
I mean today as in the published date on this review. Your current price may be totally not this price, for the day you are reading this.
This price for you may change in the next hour or next day. Who knows what it may be in 6 months from now or even a year from now.
Who Would Benefit The Most
So every time I research a new and updated, or a new released personal weather station, I often ask myself who does this best fit.
What type of person is this best for. Can it fulfill their expectations and will they be happy to own it. So as I see it with the AcuRite 01024M, it is a great choice for you.
But Which Who Are You? Do You Fit With This Weather Station
You are the person that would be if you are looking to upgrade from a large number of selections, of lower priced model, color digital weather stations. I am talking about the single sensor models that can be purchased in the $30-$70 range.
Many companies make these, and many are good for what they do, and some aren’t very good as well. Many times the Name Brand will make the difference for you and the quality.
This station will give you a much deeper appreciation of the weather. You will be able to have some readings that you will never have with a lower priced simple outdoor sensor.
The 5 in 1 sensor used with this AcuRite digital weather station allows you to reap the benefits from having wind speed and wind direction.
You will also have access to relative humidity figures as well as rain amounts and amount of precipatation collected in a period of time.
You will have access to collected weather data history. Then there is my favorite thing, the prized bell and whistle of this model from AcuRite, The Lightning Strike Counter.
My Overview>When I personally look at a weather station, I check for a few things that I find will immediately help or be a distraction. Call me weird or maybe you will agree with me. 😀
- What is the size of the inside display. This has a colored display which is measured at 5.5″ Height x 7.6″ Width x 0.6″ Depth. So this is a horizontal unit
- Next I want to know about the power requirements. This unit has an included 5V power adapter. It is also supplied with battery backup of
- The next thing I need to know about is what type of outdoor sensor I am dealing with. Is it a simple bar sensor, a 3 in 1, or a larger 5 in 1 sensor array. This one has a 5 in 1 sensor array. this array is measured at 10.8″ Height x 5.6″ Width x 13.8″ Depth. The sensor is power supplied by a solar panel and then by 4 AA alkaline or lithium batteries
- This weather station also has the new AcuRite Lightning Strike Sensor accompanied with it. This sensor needs to be set up separately and it is measured at 5.875″ Height x 2.625″ Width x 0.9″ Depth. This sensor is powered by 4 AA alkaline or lithium batteries. The data on this sensor is on a 24 second updates for normal, and then every 8 seconds it will be updated once a lightning strike is detected.
- I love that it has a self emptying rain gauge. This means that wherever the sensor array is mounted I am not concerned about the rain gauge needing to be emptied. It mechanically and automatically empties on its own. It does its job and no worries from me
- I also like to know what type of mounting will I need to be doing If I needed to mount this equipment on my property.
9 Top Reasons To Buy
when it comes to guarantees you will have two different ones protecting your investment in the AcuRite 01024M Pro Color Station.
The first is the satisfaction guarantee that you will receive if you do purchase this weather station from Amazon.com.
The second warranty is from the company in the form of a limited one year warranty.
What this covers and how it covers your purchase may be read here in this image. So this should help you with your confidence in buying this weather station at this time.
some days will be better to buy this weather station than other days. As I mentioned some days the station is a bit cheaper.
Is This Worth the Money?
But that is not what will make a large difference to you. What will make the main difference to you will be the quality that is built into the product.
All of the great reviews from customers of the AcuRite 01024M. That speaks volumes to me. People like the weather station. People would buy it again.
They are satisfied customers.They found that the benefits of the AcuRite 01024M Pro Weather Station fit their needs.
I like to suggest an item here that you may not be aware of that could really help you out.
Top Suggested Accessory Item
Today I would like to recommend this battery pack for your 5 in 1 sensor array.
This could save you much of a hassle when it is time to change it’s batteries.
AcuRite 06052M Remote Battery Pack for 5-in-1 Weather Sensors
The AcuRite 06052M Remote Battery Pack is the perfect add on to your new AcuRite 01024M weather station.
This battery pack is designed to be used in the 5 in 1 sensor that can with this model weather station from AcuRite.
You will find that the battery pack will connect with your 5 in 1 sensor’s battery compartment. Just insert the battery pack into the battery compartment.
Then you have a 30-foot lead wire that will allow you to install the actual battery pack where it is convenient to change the batteries easily.
As an example, this will be much easier than climbing up a ladder to change your batteries in the 5 in 1 sensor that you have mounted on your roof.
A must-have if your reach to change the batteries is difficult. Why not make it easy on yourself.
Read More About Acurite Weather Stations-View Related Posts Below
This review article is a look at the AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station. As one does more and more inspection of climate stations, they find that most manufacturers build a series of stations that are very similar to each other.
Highlights of the AcuRite 02064 Pro If you are looking for a great gift for a weather pro in your life look no further. This unit monitors both your indoor and outdoor temperature. It also provides you with the daily highs and lows of your weather.