Let’s Discuss the AcuRite 01078 Wireless Weather Station
AcuRite has a very interesting package they offer to weather fans everywhere. It is the AcuRite 01078 Wireless Weather Station.
This unit comes to you with two display consoles and with all of the data being generated and sent to you from their professional remote sensor unit.
If you are a person who is highly interested in your climate changes daily then this may be of top interest to you.
Let’s dig into to this deeper and we will present to you the 5 compelling reasons to buy this for yourself.
Description of AcuRite Model 01078
This model is mainly a very flexible weather station. It’s flexibility is built into a couple of things. First the sensor may be moved to a location that is suitable for obtaining the weather data since it is wireless. So without the fear of having enough cord for a great transmission of data to your console it proves very flexible to it’s owner.
And secondly, (my favorite reason) you are purchasing two display consoles with this model.
Two locations in your home that will present to you and yours all of it’s weather data. So which two rooms will you be putting your consoles? Something to think about.
It also comes equipped with a high-precision 5-in-1 wireless Weather sensor.
Did You Miss Something?
- Let’s Discuss the AcuRite 01078 Wireless Weather Station
- Description of AcuRite Model 01078
- 5 Compelling Reasons to Purchase the AcuRite 01078
- What Instrument Sensors and Readings are Provided
- Types of Transmission
- Unpacking the Box
- How Powered
- Manufacturer Support
- A Featured AcuRite Video
- Consumer Ratings
- AcuRite Displays for 5-in-1 Weather Sensors
The sensor unit has the following highlights for you to use.
It has a debris filter which prevents debris from getting into the rain gauge
Solar cell panel which converts sunlight into power to run the internal aspirating fan. The aspirating fan is supposed to draw ambient air into the sensor to reduce the solar radiation heating. This will allow the temperature readings to be more accurate and to not be inflated because of the sun heating up the air by the thermometer.
It uses a Weather Ticker (a Trademarked) program to stream real-time data including the Moon phase, and indoor comfort level to you inside your home. It also streams for you the feels like temperature (wind chill, heat index).
5 Compelling Reasons to Purchase the AcuRite 01078
- Reason #1-It is supplied with the Patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting pulls data from a sensor in your backyard to give you the most accurate forecast for your exact location
- Reason #2-It uses the Weather Ticker to stream real-time information and alerts to your console
- Reason #3-Rain accumulation data recorded for today, over all-time, by year, by month, and by rainfall event; tracks days with rain this month, and days since last rain
- Reason #4-You will be able to get a perfectly level installation of the remote unit using the bubble level (included on top of sensor) to ensure it is level. This also helps in getting the best wind speed readings.
- Reason #5-It comes with dual digital display consoles which allow you to observe your weather data in multiple rooms
What Instrument Sensors and Readings are Provided
- Gives you wind speed: current, peak, and average (MPH or KPH)
- It uses a 16 point wind rose to record wind direction
- It provides both indoor and outdoor temperature (degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius) with a trend arrow as well
- You will get both indoor and outdoor humidity (%RH) with trend arrow
- They provide the Heat Index, Wind Chill, dew point and “feels like” calculations
- It provides weekly, monthly, and all-time high and low records
- You will get the Barometric pressure with trend arrow and manual calibration option also provided
- Displays 24 hours a day the time and date (month/day)
These readings and instruments are calibrated to be extremely accurate for your daily, and hourly use.
- Temperature Range -40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit; -40 to 70 degrees Celsius
+/- 5% from 0% to 10% Relative Humidity
+/- 4% from 10% to 20% Relative Humidity
+/- 3% from 20% to 80% Relative Humidity
+/- 4% from 80% to 90% Relative Humidity
+/- 5% from 90% to 100% Relative Humidity
- Wind Speed 0 to 99 mph; 0 to 159 kph
- Wind Speed Accuracy +/-2 mph below 10 mph
+/- 3 mph from 10 to 30 mph
+/- 4 mph from 30 to 50 mph
+/- 5 mph from 50 to 99 mph
Types of Transmission
Wireless transmission works well up to 330 feet / 100 meters depending on home construction materials.
Please see these articles from our site that are more specific in how this is to be done more accurately and efficiently.
This unit is constantly updating your console inside your home with updated weather readings. Here is how often updates are transmitted.
Wind Speed: 18 second updates
Wind Direction: 36 second updates
Temperature and Humidity: 36 second updates
Display Console measures: 8.2-inches Height x 6.7-inches Width x 2.7-inches Depth
Sensor Suite measures: 10.8-inches Height x 5.6-inches Width x 13.8-inches Depth
Unpacking the Box
Package Contents are the following
1. Display with Tabletop Stand
2. 5-in-1 Sensor
3. Sensor Mounting Bracket
4. Mounting Hardware
5. Power Adapter
6. Instruction Manual
A popular feature of this console is the illuminated color displays which feature three different lighting settings. This will make sure you can easily read the information you want at a glance.
The display console will have on screen the following list of information readings.
- The last two recorded wind directions will be showing.
- The temperature of the air + wind (The Wind Chill)
- The current Barometric pressure reading and water it’s going up or going down
- The date and the time currently
- The amount of rainfall measured today so far
- The current weather forecast showing as a weather type icon
- The current indoor and outdoor temperatures
- But please be aware the backlight will only come on for ten seconds if you manual push the button on. It will only stay on if plugged into your electrical power supply.
- The current wind speed
- The current indoor relative humidity and outdoor relative humidity
- The Highest wind speed in the last hour also shows the current wind direction
- You may also select a lighting preference manually, or choose auto dim mode. In auto dim mode, the display automatically adjusts its brightness based on time of day and year.
The high-precision 5-in-1 weather sensor accurately measures five different conditions, including rainfall, wind speed and wind direction, outdoor temperature and humidity.
This then is giving you comprehensive data about the elements surrounding your home….
Display console: is powered by using a supplied 4.5V power adapter (Which is included and recommended for optimal display color). You may also use 6 AA alkaline batteries(these are optional and not included)
Sensor suite: Is powered by using 4 AA alkaline or lithium* batteries
*Lithium batteries are highly recommended for temperatures below -4 degrees Fahrenheit / -20 degrees Celsius. Lithium batteries discharge much, much slower than normal alkaline batteries do.
One-year limited warranty the warranty may be found here. One Year Limited Warranty
Support for AcuRite Products is readily available at the following.
Contact Customer Support:
Regular Phone Hours
Monday–Friday: 7:00am–5:00pm CT
Telephone toll free: 1-877-221-1252
General Questions: +1-877-221-1252
e-mail at email@example.com
Parent Company is:
Chaney Instrument Co.
965 Wells Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
A Featured AcuRite Video
- display’s backlight cannot shut off when powered by AC
- The fan fails sometimes. This allows for false temperature readings, especially in the summer time.
So in studying this product, I have found overwhelming evidence that people who have purchased the AcuRite 01078 have found it to be very easy to set up. Most have reported actually on how short the amount of time was that it took them to set up and have it running for them.
Keep in mind when looking at this, that the variety of instruments that you get, plus the amount of physical tools you will be using, and then add on the two display consoles and you have a perfect gift or purchase for the serious minded weather fan.
Be aware that with the investment made to buy this model, that the person whom is buying or whom is receiving as a gift will be someone who will be able to use all that it has to offer.
The simpler needs of a less interested person, should not be matched up with this unit. It will be wasted on a simpler needed person. Buyer beware, do not over buy.
In looking at the price on this model, it is well priced, and competitively priced on Amazon. I have seen the price fluctuate 10 to 12 dollars, but it is still a great price, for a quality model.
Customers have very highly rated the AcuRite 01078 Wireless Weather Station. They overall very much approve of it’s quality, and it’s price.