To Start the Review of the La Crosse Bluetooth Weather Station
A very unique weather station choice can be yours if you choose the La Crosse S87078 Bluetooth Weather Station.
The weather station has three very different features that make it very attracting to a consumer.
I want to go over these three features with you now.
- Feature 1 It has a USB Port for charging your I-phone or any mobile device. The charging port is a 1 amp charging port.
- Feature 2 The Display screen is part of a Bluetooth speaker. This then makes it a Bluetooth weather station. You are able to play music from your mobile device through it.
- Feature 3 It has a colored trim for the base. The trim is a LED trim which is a very bright, colorful, and it is color coordinated with the weather forecast that is predicted by trend indicators. The Trim LED actually has three settings on it.
- 1 You can set your own preferred color
- 2 It can be coordinated with the weather forecast
- 3 It can be set on a loop of the seven colors and cycled through automatically from one color to the next
Etc, Etc, Etc.
How the Two Main Parts Are Powered
Here are how the power is supplied to your La Crosse weather station with Bluetooth speaker.
The display is powered by the supplied AC adapter. This is the main power source which is then backed up by using 3 “AAA” Alkaline batteries. The batteries are not included but must be purchased extra.
The other part that needs power is the Thermo-Hygro Sensor. It will take 2 “AA” Alkaline batteries to power it up properly.
I would recommend these batteries since they are used out of doors, they will need to be lithium batteries for longer life, due to outside weather conditions and temperature differences.
The following are for you to size up both display unit as well as the Thermo-Hygro sensor for their real size.
- The display/Bluetooth speaker is: 4.61″ L x 2.85″ W x 8.33″ H
- The Thermo-Hygro Sensor is measured at: 1.57″ L x 0.82″ W x 5.12″ H
Instrument Sensor Ratings
The display inside will show you all the sensor readings as currently collected. The display has an indoor temperature and relative humidity readings that it will give you.
- It will also display the outside current temperature and relative humidity to you. These outdoor readings are sensed and sent (transmitted up to 300 feet) to the display inside your home.
- This outdoor sensor is the Thermo-Hygro sensor (part Id TX141TH-BV2) that is included in the La Crosse weather station with Bluetooth speaker purchase.
- The relative humidity will be measured from 10% to 99%, and the temperatures indoors will be from 32 degrees F to 122 degrees F.
- The outdoor temperature readings will be from -40 degrees F to 140 degrees F
As you move clockwise around the display’s featured information facing you have the Digital calendar information presented as well as both the indoor temp/relative humidity, and the outdoor temp and relative humidity.
- The facing labels them as IN and OUT, so you will know which readings are from which location.
- The large reading in the center is the time in whether 12 or 24-hour settings. Thus 12:24 pm or 13:24 for the 24-hour person.
- Then we have near the bottom, the 12-hour weather forecast is presented with weather icons and an arrow is showing. The up arrow is pressure is raising (weather is getting better), or down arrow, the pressure is trending downward (bad weather coming) or an arrow points to the right which means the air pressure is holding steady. The weather is holding steady, without any changes as well.
✅ You get to enjoy the Bluetooth-enabled speaker
✅ The dynamic color LCD with forecast icons and temperatures is fun to use
✅ It has dual alarms with 3 sound option
✅ Includes a USB charge port (the charging cord is not included)
✅ It has a color-changing LED trim on the base-stay entertained by the color changing LED base light you can set to change based on weather forecast, your choice of color or a 7 color rotation (loop)
✅ The time is accurate as it is an atomic clock
✅ Can be used as an alarm clock
✅ Is highly functional as a trending weather forecast. It takes a little over 2 weeks to learn your locality, so it can supply you with an accurate weather forecast.
❌ The display should be plugged into your electrical power source to avoid any interruption in sensor transmission
❌ Is not able to be connected to the La Crosse View app
❌ Can not be connected to a computer for data logging and storage
❌ Does not have a wind sensor
❌ Does not have a wind direction sensor
❌ Does not have a rain gauge
In Summary, My Thoughts
The La Crosse Weather Station with Bluetooth Speaker, model #S87078 is a very simple color wireless weather station.
Still yet from this simplicity, I learned that this is one of only a few Bluetooth weather stations for sale. This has two very hot features that attract people today.
The first is the Bluetooth speaker provides another choice source for winning with your mobility.
The second thing is the mobility is served again by the USB port for charging your mobile phone, i-pad, or other choices of mobility.
Mobility is king today. Keeping that in mind, this is and should be a winning combination, and a great way to introduce some of La Crosse’s best weather station features to the mobile crowd.
This does a good job of that. I like this choice or maybe you could choose from the one other La Crosse selection, which isn’t quite the same thing but does have the weather station USB port change station feature. You can go to either to get the USB charging port feature.