A Look at the La Crosse Technology Model C85845
I wanted to give you a much closer look at the La Crosse C85845 Color wireless weather station. Therefore here is my article, La Crosse Technology C85845 Reviewed.
This weather station is a newer model from La Crosse and is very similar to a really great selling model, the La Crosse Technology S88907 which I reviewed a couple of years ago.
I see that it is still a best seller from La Crosse on Amazon. In fact it currently has in excess of 1600 purchase reviews on Amazon and is rated at 3.8 stars a very solid rating for an amazingly largely sold product on Amazon.
They say that only one in 10 customers will take the time to review an item they purchased from Amazon on Amazon.
So if my math is correct they will have sold more than 16,000 of these on Amazon.com alone.
The big difference between the two weather stations would be that the S88907 is a vertical display and the La Crosse Technology C85845 model is a horizontal display screen.
Many of the same features are still there and the model itself has all of the newer features that La Crosse offers.
Here's a Look at What You May Be Missing
The Manufacturer of La Crosse Technology C85845 Is Located In La Crosse, Wisconsin
My experience is actually 3 fold when it comes to a La Crosse weather station. I have actually visited the La Crosse Technology home office, and have had nothing but great experiences with using La Crosse weather equipment. I own two La Crosse Stations currently. Both are operating very smoothly, thank you.
So it goes without saying this is made in America. The quality is there for long standing performance.
I even read a couple of reviews from the Amazon reviews for the product that talk of buying other lesser named products and how they found out just how important a quality name brand like La Crosse makes all the difference in the world to the quality you get.
They had come back to La Crosse after recently having tried other brands, but with much dissatisfaction.
Who Would Buy This
You will find this product to be a real gem for you, if you are not into serious weather facts and figures on an hourly basis but rather you are to a quick glance at the current weather conditions.
You will find that this colorful screen is a delight to the eyes and will help you make great quick decisions concerning your weather.
- Should I take an umbrella with me?
- Will I need to take a wind breaker with me?
- Is it really windy today?
- How very cold is it?
- Do I need my sunglasses with me?
You get the idea. Just normal questions that would apply to you and your daily life. Questions that can be aided with some quick weather information, which the La Crosse C85845 will provide for you.
Dimensions of the C85845
I always like to know just how big the display unit is, so I can figure out where it will fit in my home. Will it be best in my office, or the living room, or maybe the dining/kitchen area?
With that in mind here are the actual sizes of the units.
- The colored display is : 8.98″ L x 1.00″ W x 5.43″ H
- The outdoor located sensor: 1.57″ L x 0.79″ W x 5.12″ H
This would be a great time to include how powered information for you as well.
- Power Requirements for the C85845:
The inside colored display: It comes with a supplied AC adapter for primary power. You should also use 3 “AAA” Alkaline batteries for the backup power. You know like when you have a power outage. These are not included when you buy this weather station.
- The power for the outside sensor: 2 “AA” Alkaline batteries. I personally would recommend Lithium batteries for any outside power use. They will last much longer in the cold winter conditions. Again these are not included in your purchase of the weather station.
Pros For Buying the La Crosse Technology C85845 As Reviewed
- Dynamic forecast icons with tendency arrows
- Indoor temperature and humidity trend indicators. also Temperature & humidity (hi/lo) customizable alerts
- Indoor/Outdoor comfort level indicator
- Adjustable backlight with (HI/LOW/OFF)
- Self setting 12/24 Hour accurate Atomic time and date with automatic daylight savings time reset (on/off optional)Also is provided with an Atomic reception indicator
- Perpetual calendar (full day and month/day)
- Time alarm with snooze
- Heat index and dew point
- HI/LO temperature and humidity records
- Low battery indicator for station and sensor
- Signal strength icon for sensor transmission
- Customers do not like that the brightness of the display unit, even when set on low is still too bright for sleeping for some. Many can’t have it in a bedroom because of this.
- The backlight dulls in brightness when on the battery backup. At night when you hit brigtness it becomes much brighter for only ten seconds then goes back to default brightness. Many wish it would stay bright for longer so they may be able to read the screen longer.
- The display screen doesn’t allow for you to read it very well at some angles from a little bit of a distance from the screen. You must look at it from almost straight on.
It comes with a limited one year guarantee from La Crosse. You may read it here. I have it continued from image 1 to image two as it is presented from La Cross Technology.
Value for money
I would say if you compare what lesser brand names offer, and then you take a deeper look at all the advantages this model offers you, you will agree that this is a very good value for the price that is on it.
If you purchase it from Amazon.com you will even have more value added to your purchase.
I believe you can not beat the pricing on this unit.
A great personal weather station for a beginner or a person moderately interested in using weather instruments to improve your daily life.
This is why I built this site to highlight a very good product such as this one. The Locrosse C85845 is definitely on my recommended list for people who need to have weather more in their life.
Top Suggested Accessory Item
I always like to suggest an add on item that you may want to consider that I have found to be well worth the value of the cost of this item.
I would suggest to you to spend the money on your remote sensor and its life. a sensor, is outside in your elemnts all the time.
It has to endure wind and rain, cold and severe heatwaves. It is in the elements 24/7 and 365 days a year.
So why not give it some protection. A La Crosse Technology 925-1418 Sensor Protection Shield with Mount can be worth every penny you spend on it. Take a look, what do you have to lose?
I think you will only gain from using a sensor weather shield.
Read More About La Crosse Weather Stations-View Related Posts Below
Get a closer look at the La Crosse 88907. I would like to offer a review of a very worthy option. In taking a very detailed look at the La Crosse Model #88907 Forecast Station. I found a model that you may want to consider as a choice. This colored display is well received.
A Critical Review of the LaCrosse 308-1412S. This weather station was my choice to buy, of today’s selections available to purchase, for myself. The LaCrosse 308-1412S has proven to be an excellent choice for my situation.