Use Davis Instruments Weather Stations For Farmers
Farmers today use many different technological developments to their advantage. You can use weather stations for farmers by Davis Instruments to help you on your farm.
Advantages may be had, by using weather station instrument data gathering tools.
I have decided to talk to you about the Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station.
Why the Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus You Ask?
This is a very good question from a farmer to me. Let’s dig in and I will share my points to be made to you.
With the 6162 you have access to a near professional level weather readings. Areas a farmer finds himself using weather information would include the following measurements.
These readings can be supplied by agricultural weather stations, made by Davis Instruments.
- Air temperature
- Rain or snow precipitation amounts
- The weather forecast
- The wind speed
- The wind direction
- Soil moisture content
So weather stations can help farmers with the tough job they do all year long. A eather station for farmers by Davis Instruments is their top line of Vantage Pro2 weather stations.
These stations help the most by providing rapidly updated weather readings from various weather instruments.
In looking at these measurements, what the farmer will be looking at the most are ways to increase his crop yield and then also ways to prevent any losses of any crops or animals.
I have discussed in detail the ways that farmers specifically use weather stations. I crafted the post titled How Weather Stations Help Farmers which may be read by clicking on this link farmer’s weather stations.
As you can see, once you have caught yourself up to what the farmer needs to do,
In this article you will learn.....
- Use Davis Instruments Weather Stations For Farmers
- Why the Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus You Ask?
- The 6162 Reviewed As One Of The Top Weather Stations For Farmers
- You Are Buying A Davis Instruments Weather Station Via Amazon
- Where the Price Range Is Generally
- Who Is This Weather Station For
- You Can Add Additional Weather Sensors Too
- Value for money:
- My Top Suggested Accessory Item
The 6162 Reviewed As One Of The Top Weather Stations For Farmers
Here is a list of the main features the 6162 will give you in return if you decide to purchase its use.
- Accurate weather data updates every 2.5 seconds
- Provides you with a 12-hour forecast with icons and ticker-tape feature 24-48 hour weather forecasting at the bottom of the console
- provides the time of sunset and also the sunrise time and date of highs/lows and time and date of a graphed data point
- 3 times greater transmission distance than the competition. Improved transmission through multiple walls and greater immunity from RF interference
- Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or steady
- Normal console area shows outside temperature, humidity and barometric pressure at all times
- Umbrella icon appears when it is raining. View last 24 storm totals with start and end dates.
view daily, monthly, and yearly rainfall totals
- It has a status indicator which lets you know all data packets are being received
- ticker-tape messaging can display up to 100 messages
- It graphs the last 24 hours of readings. Over 80 graphs are available
- more than 70 alarms are available to be set up
- compass rose shows 16 points shows current and dominant wind direction
You Are Buying A Davis Instruments Weather Station Via Amazon
When you purchase from Amazon you will be getting Amazon’s Satisfaction Guarantee. All of their features, that millions of satisfied customers enjoy daily can be yours.
I have provided an image of the page from the Amazon.com site. Just Click on the Image for a Much Larger View so that you may read the Amazon A-Z Guarantee.
Where the Price Range Is Generally
Over a period of time the price range for the Vantage Pro2 has been usually over $900.00 price point to the current $1,160.00 on Davis Instruments own site.
So as you can see by buying through Amazon you can experience savings of up 22%.
Typically you can expect the saving range to vary a bit, no prices are guaranteed, as they change sometimes almost daily.
But one stable thing you do know is that when you purchase from Amazon you usually will save money, and you might get Prime free shipping as well to come with your purchase.
So what do you have to lose, by using Amazon as your buying source?
Who Is This Weather Station For
This weather station is built for the serious weather person. Whether you are a serious weather fan, or you are a farmer, a horticulturalist, or owner of a lawn care business, you will find the professional quality assurance built into the Davis Instruments products a large plus for your performance.
Use all the advantages of a good farmers weather forecast. It can give you great up to minute detailed readings to make your decisions easier.
You will find the decisions are easier to make when you are sure of certain weather factors from hour to hour. The ability to set up alerts any number of sensor readings will help you tremendously.
Let’s say, a quick example might be that you need to know when the sun comes up and when the sun goes down today. Next, you need to know if the sun is going to shine, and when the max temperatures are happening and then you are able to enter a field when it is the driest for the day.
You need to cut and condition a crop of alfalfa let’s say. You can use the instruments to help you figure out your work performance for the day. The many sensors and the extra long reception transmission help with where you are able to place a sensor and still be able to get an accurate reading that you can count on.
This is a top level weather station and gives you much flexibility along with accurate readings. The history may be stored, so that you can use the data to study months, weeks and certain time periods throughout the year.
You Can Add Additional Weather Sensors Too
You may attach additional sensors to this weather station. You can use your detailed knowledge of weather affecting agriculture, and you can see added features you can take advantage of.
Please use this list to help you out with the possibilities.
- Can retransmit to additional consoles up to 1000 feet
- Solar radiation when an extra sensor is installed it shows the highs for the day, month and year as well temperature/humidity/sun/wind index, set alarms for high readings
- When optional UV Sensor installed, view the current UV Index. UV index for the day. The daily, monthly and yearly highs. Or you can change the scale to UV, and then set an alarm to warn of high UV dose/index.
- additional sensor will give you evapotranspiration rates
- UV Index, leaf wetness, wind chill, dew point, and two different heat induces
Value for money:
I believe that as a farmer you are comfortable with the idea of spending money to help your farm and it’s effective production of food crops and animal harvesting or milking.
So you understand you will need to invest in your business operation to keep your work at top efficiency.
I found this great article for you to read if you are considering investing in your own weather station for your farm. The article is titled, 6 tips to get started with on-farm weather stations.
This weather station will be able to handle all of the demands of running a farm better. You will be very pleased with a tool that you deserve to own and use in all of your chores in running your farm.
So if you are looking to buy this professional level Davis Instruments weather station, you may click here to check out the current price for owning a Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station.
My Top Suggested Accessory Item
In researching and studying questions and answers about this model weather station, and other Davis instruments stations, I came across the perfect additional purchase item to add to your weather station. It is the 6462 AeroCone w/Bird Spikes and Debris Screen
This rain collector can reduce wind-induced errors. It is designed to produce a more aerodynamic path for the area around the rain collector.
This design will also improve the rain collecting data for you. Especially in high wind situations. It causes the rain to be able to settle into the collector cup instead of being blown over the cup, not being collected for measurement.
It is also designed to reduce dramatically inside the cup, the splash out rate of the rain.
The new debris screen locks into place, ensuring that it remains in place during high winds and heavy rainfall events.
The AeroCone comes standard with 2017 and later Vantage Pro2 stations (not compatible with Vantage Vue).
It can also be used as an extra sensor, you can add to your weather sensory collection instruments.
Read More About Davis Instruments Weather Stations-View Related Posts Below
Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless Weather Station is reviewed in great detail.
This is a personal weather station that will please the more sophisticated weather fans.
The Davis weather instruments supplied with this are very accurate instruments, producing the best results for you.
The Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue is a professional level personal weather station.
It is reviewed here in great detail. And as a big fan of climatology and meteorology, I am excited to be doing a review. This is a highly respected weather station. The Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue offers some of the best equipment options for the outside.