Features of the AcuRite 02007
This unit from AcuRite features a very easy on the eye, colored screen. This screen can be adjusted for brightness from a low setting to a middle brightness setting to the brightest setting.
Customers really like the colored display which makes it easier to read and visually pleasing.
It is also very easy to read because the numbers and letters are large enough and illuminated enough to be read well.
Both by quick glances and taking a concentrated studied look.
At night you may want to dim it down. Some customers have reported that it can be pretty bright at night with no other lights on.
They have tried to sleep with it in their bedroom and experienced trouble sleeping with just how bright it was.
It also will display both your outdoor temperature currently as well as your indoor temperature right now for you.
This unit includes settings for indoor and outdoor barometric pressure readings, 12 hour high and low-pressure readings as well.
It will present you with the Intelli-time clock known for its accuracy and the date is given to you too.
What’s Most Intriguing To Me
The quickest way that I could describe to you the AcuRite 02007 Digital Home Station is that it will break down your upcoming weather forecasts into 3 sections of the day.
The AcuRite Digital Weather Station uses patent-pending Precision Forecasting Technology to provide your personal forecast of the morning, noon, and nighttime weather conditions.
How the Forecasting Is Presented
AcuRite 02007 Weather Station with Morning Noon and Night Precision ForecastI generalized when I said it was set up as a morning, afternoon, and evening forecast cycle. The precision forecasting technology that is used by AcuRite combines North America’s regional weather patterns with data measured by precision weather instruments.
These weather sensors are positioned in your yard to generate the most accurate forecast available for your location.
Also to be more accurate about the displays presentation of information on the three screens.
This is actually how they are presenting the forecasts.
The three forecast screens present to you the next 4 hours of weather report. Then another screen is giving you the next 4-8 hours forecast.
The last of the three screens has an 8-12 hours (from now) forecast for your area.
Using the Forecasting Tool
When using the forecaster tool on the AcuRite 02007 you need to set up the geographical region that you live in, in the United States. The Geo precision settings are there you make your forecaster much more accurate for you.
The Geo settings are set up by pressing the “GEO” button, located on the back of the unit in the battery compartment.
The letters for each corresponding GEO region are shown on the display screen to help you pick and set up your correct region.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long is the cord if there is one?
A. I just measured and it is approx. 5 1/2 feet. The cord was a little curly and hard to measure but it was a bit over 67 inches
Q. What’s the temperature range?
A. Outside temp from -40 to 158 degrees F (-40 to 70 degrees C)
Indoor temperatures are 32 to 122 degrees F (0 to 50 C)
Q. What frequency is used for transmission
A. It is 433 MHz- a strong 433 MHz signal penetrates walls for 330 feet of range
Q. What are the dimensions for both the display and the remote sensor?
A. Dimensions are the following
Display: 8″ H x 7″ W x 3.5″ D
Outdoor Sensor: 4.8″ H x 1.6″ W x .9″ D
Information provided by the AcuRite 02007
The display screen features trending arrows for temperature as well as the top part of the screen offers the viewer a three-part view, of morning noon, and nighttime weather forecasts for you to have a more intimate view of your upcoming weather.
Information provided on the display screen
- Day of the Week
- Current Outdoor Temperature Arrow icon indicates the direction temperature is trending
- Outdoor High-Temperature Record-Indicates the highest outdoor temperature recorded since midnight
- Outdoor Low-Temperature Record-Indicates the lowest outdoor temperature recorded since midnight
- The current Outdoor Humidity-Arrow icon indicates the direction humidity is trending
- Outdoor High Humidity Record-Indicates the highest outdoor humidity recorded since midnight
- Outdoor Low Humidity Record-Indicates the lowest outdoor humidity recorded since midnight
- Outdoor Sensor Signal Strength
- Low Sensor Battery Indicator
- Forecasted High Temperature
- Forecasted Low Temperature
- The Barometric Pressure-Arrow icon indicates the direction pressure is trending
- Indoor High Humidity Record-Indicates the highest indoor humidity recorded since midnight
- Indoor Low Humidity Record-Indicates the lowest indoor humidity recorded since midnight
- The current Indoor Humidity-Arrow icon indicates the direction humidity is trending
- Multi-Variable History Chart-Displays the past 12 hours of data for pressure, outdoor temperature, or outdoor humidity
- Indoor High-Temperature Record-Indicates the highest indoor temperature recorded since midnight
- Indoor Low-Temperature Record-Indicates the lowest indoor temperature recorded since midnight
- The current Indoor Temperature-Arrow icon indicates the direction temperature is the trend
Customer Service Information
The power for the display unit is provided by a 5V power adapter which is included in your purchase plus using the power cord is recommended for the best view of the display color.
As a backup please use 3 “AA” alkaline batteries. These are optional and they are not included in your purchase of the 02007 unit.
Power for the outside remote sensor is 2 “AA” alkaline or we would recommend lithium batteries. None of these batteries are included.
- Offers three times daily weather forecast Weather forecasts are very accurate and are self-calibrated for your location.
- A strong 433 MHz signal penetrates walls for 330 feet of range
- Easy to read colored screen
- The screen of the display is backlight to make viewing easier Uses Geo-Targeting (Geo settings) to improve the accuracy of your local weather forecast
Cons for Purchasing the AcuRite 02007
- The screen must be viewed by looking down at it.
- If the screen is above your eye level, you will not be able to see the numbers
- The backlight is pretty bright even on the dimmest setting
- If you haven’t set everything up properly sometimes the accuracy of the readings may be suspect
Pricing-Persuading a Purchase
If you examine closing most of the AcuRite personal weather stations have many similarities to them. This one is no different than previous AcuRite released units.
They all have seemed to be competitively priced as well as they get good reviews from the majority of the purchasers.
I believe the prices paid for an AcuRite are very fair for the quality of the product, the lasting pleasure you will get from owning one as well.
I see a large advantage to this model that hasn’t been offered before. I absolutely am stoked about the forecast breakdown into 3 different time periods.
Instead of getting a large lumped (very general) forecast, I now will receive my immediate conditions expected as well as what will be happening tonight where I live. It will help to plan out things better, plain and simple.
I believe these extra things plus the Geo-Targeting can only make my case stronger for you making this decision to buy easier for you.
My Review Summation
AcuRite 02007 Home Weather Station w/ Morning Noon and Night Precision ForecastI see this product from AcuRite to be a good value. I see the features far outweigh any preconceived notions you may have had before you invested your time to study it.
Whether or not you buy this particular model from AcuRite, it looks to me as if these personal weather stations are great buys for weather lovers.
I would be the first to admit that this wouldn’t be something for a very died in the wool weather person, but for a family member who has some interest in the weather, or your wife, your husband, son, or daughter, who would just plain find this to be very useful in helping to plan out their days, I can’t see how you would go wrong.
Enjoy your new personal weather station and thanks for reading.
George is a big fan of the weather. He has enjoyed for years observing all types of weather in several places he has lived. He shares his love by doing reviews of personal weather stations and discussing several key elements that are related to using weather stations.